Applying for Graduation
Prior to the Semester in Which You Plan to Graduate
You must: submit the BGS Graduation Application form to the School of Distance Learning, International Studies, and Outreach office by the application deadlines.
Please contact the School of Distance Learning, International Studies, and Outreach if you need assistance with the Graduation Application form.
Upon receipt of your completed Graduation Application, records officers will review your academic records to verify your graduation status and you will receive a letter from your advisor notifying you of one of the following:
- All graduation requirements have been fulfilled.
- Your proposed plan of study for the next semester will, when verified with official transcripts, be sufficient to fulfill the graduation requirements.
- Your proposed plan of study for the next semester will not fulfill all of the graduation requirements. You will need to submit a revised graduation application to continue the graduation process.
Graduation Application - Important Deadlines
Contact your advisor if you have missed the appropriate deadline.
- Fall Semester: July 15
- Spring Semester: November 15
- Summer Session: April 15*
*Summer Session: If you plan to have your graduation requirements completed at the end of the summer session, you are permitted to participate in the May ceremony of the same year. In order to have your name appear in the spring graduation commencement program, your graduation application for summer MUST be received in the Macomb BGS program office before March 14th to allow time for processing.
NOTE: Graduating BGS students who will be unable to participate in a commencement ceremony held at either the Macomb campus or the Moline campus due to being place bound may be eligible to participate in a commencement ceremony held at their community college campus. The students must have earned an associate's degree from the community college, and the community college campus must be located a minimum of 100 miles from both the WIU-QC Moline campus and the WIU Macomb campus. To find out more about this graduation option and to discuss eligibility, please contact the BGS degree program office in Macomb at 309/298-1929.
Deadlines to request a community college commencement ceremony option are:
- February 1 - May commencement ceremony
- September 1 - December commencement ceremony