A Flexible ONLINE DEGREE Option
Bachelor of Arts in General Studies (BGS)
The WIU Bachelor of Arts in General Studies (BGS) degree program, formerly the Board of Trustees Bachelor of Arts, was developed in 1972 to serve those who are unable to complete an undergraduate degree by traditional means. The BGS degree is a highly individualized, flexible, non-majored undergraduate degree which may be completed fully online by students who are place-bound due to work and/or family responsibilities; on-campus; or a combination of both formats. This is a unique program that allows both traditional and non-traditional students to earn a degree - in a way that best fits their educational needs and lifestyles.
Key Benefits of the Bachelor of Arts in General Studies (BGS) Degree Program:
- Flexible, non-majored student designed curriculum
- Earn credits online or in a classroom
- No campus attendance required - the BGS degree can be completed fully ONLINE
- No time limit to complete degree
- No time limit on transfer credit
- 4 year tuition freeze for continuous enrollment
- Acceptance of ACE evaluated and recommended credit from non collegiate and military training
- Acceptance of proficiency exam credit
Is this degree right for you?
If you are you looking for a degree with the highest academic accreditation from a public state university that:
- Allows you flexibility to meet your own personal educational objectives on your own time-frame in the best cost effective manner for you personally.
- Accepts a variety of transfer credit from regionally accredited colleges and universities, and educational institutions and efficiently applies them to your baccalaureate degree.
Please note: if your goals require a specialized degree or certification such as is needed to become a doctor, nurse, certified public school teacher or certified public accountant, etc., consult with an academic advisor prior to making application for admission.
The mission of the General Studies Degree Program is to assist each student to design, implement, and complete a focused and comprehensive plan of study leading to a bachelor's degree that meets the student's personal and professional educational goals.
The Bachelor of Arts in General Studies degree program will serve as the gateway for Western Illinois University to extend flexible online academic educational opportunities at a distance.
To contact degree program staff in Macomb;
- Phone: (309) 298-1929
- FAX: (309) 298-2226
In the Quad Cities;
Phone: (309) 762-3999 ext. 62313