Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Transfer of Academic Credit
All academic credit earned may be transferred to the BGS degree program provided:
- The college or university was regionally accredited at the time you earned the credit.
- A grade of A, B, C, D, P or S was earned.
- The credit could be applied at that institution to an associate or bachelor degree program.
- The course was not a repeated course.
- The course was not remedial or developmental.
There is no limit to the number of semester hours that may be transferred or the length of time that has passed since you earned the credit.
If you have taken courses at an Iowa community college participating in WIU's community college partnership program or any Illinois community college, visit WIU's Transfer Articulation Handbook web page to determine how your courses will transfer to WIU.
Official transcripts from other colleges and universities should be sent directly from that college or university to:
Distance Learning, International Studies, and Outreach
Western Illinois University
Horrabin Hall 6
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455-1390
To transfer credit to the degree program, the college or university that you attended must have been accredited by one of the following organizations at the time the credit was earned.
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges