Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
James and Eva Ann Elmer Scholarship
Deadline for Application: June 30. Recipient shall be selected no later than July 31.
To be eligible for this scholarship students must be
- Admitted to the Bachelor of Arts in General Studies degree program (formerly known as the Board of Trustees Bachelor of Arts degree program)
- Completed 60 semester hours by the conclusion of the spring semester
- Minimum 3.0 grade point average
- Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to social responsibility that has resulted in significant personal growth. They will be expected to continue this commitment
- The student who is awarded this scholarship must be enrolled in a WIU spring course or enroll in a WIU summer or fall course. If enrollment is dropped during the award term, the scholarship will be revoked
The scholarship will be awarded in the amount of $1,000 annually applied to the student's account ($500 in the fall semester and $500 in the spring semester).
Download the BGS James and Eva Ann Elmer Scholarship Application. Incomplete applications will be ineligible for consideration.
Return applications by June 30 to the School of Distance Learning, International Studies, and Outreach, The James and Eva Ann Elmer Scholarship Committee, Horrabin Hall 6, Western Illinois University, 1 University Circle, Macomb, IL 61455-1390.
The recipient will be selected by the School of Distance Learning, International Studies, and Outreach James and Eva Ann Elmer Scholarship Committee.
Financial need is not a consideration. This award is non-renewable.
Inquiries should be directed to
The Executive Director of the School of Distance Learning, International Studies, and Outreach, Horrabin Hall 6, Western Illinois University, 1 University Circle, Macomb, IL 61455-1390 or by e-mail at BGS@wiu.edu or by telephone at 309/298-1929.