Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
BGS Presidential Scholarship
Deadline for Application: July 1
- BGS students with no WIU credit prior to admission to the BGS program must apply for this scholarship during their first year in the degree program.
- Students must be in good standing.
- Students must have earned an ACT composite between 21 and 24 OR be 5 years out of high school.
- Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to social responsibility that has resulted in significant personal growth. They will be expected to continue that commitment.
- Financial need is not a consideration.
- Upon award, WIU course enrollment is required.
Terms: Scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $1000
Download BGS Presidential Scholarship Application (pdf). Incomplete applications will be ineligible for consideration. Send your completed application and supporting documentation to Bachelor of Arts in General Studies Degree Program, Western Illinois University, Horrabin Hall 6, 1 University Circle, Macomb, IL 61455.
Selection Process: Recipients will be selected by the director of the Bachelor of Arts in General Studies degree program, with final approval from the director of University Scholarship Activities.
If you have questions, please contact BGS degree program office: via email at BGS@wiu.edu or by telephone (309) 298-1929
This award is non-renewable.