Dealing with Difference Institute
2014 Dealing with Difference Institute
Location: The conference will be held in the Western Illinois University Multicultural Center, on Murray Street (C.T. Vivian Way), Macomb, Illinois. A map and parking instructions will be included with registration confirmations.
Professional Development: Western Illinois University is an ISBE Approved Provider for Professional Development (#10634). The 2012 DWDI will provide up to 12 hours development activity that could be applied towards teacher re-certification, subject to the teacher’s Certificate Renewal Plan and approval by the teacher’s Local Professional Development Committee. Participation verification forms will be available at the Institute.
Undergraduate and Graduate Credit Opportunities: Participants interested in earning course credit for the institute through the College of Education and Human Services should email Dr. Gloria Delany-Barmann, Department of Educational and Interdisciplinary Studies, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Needs: Western Illinois University complies with all applicable federal and state nondiscrimination laws, orders, and regulations. The University is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity institution and affirms its commitment to nondiscrimination in all programs and activities. Please contact Tammy La Prad (email@example.com) about any special needs you have.
Room Accommodations for Off-Campus Participants:
WIU’s Conference Services (309-298-3328) offers residence-hall type rooms (private rooms/community bathrooms: single @ $17 plus 6% tax / double $11 per person plus 6% tax per night) in the Olson Conference Center. Photos and further information are posted at www.wiu.edu/conferences.
- Best Western 309-836-6700
- Hampton Inn 309- 837-6000
- Super 8 309-836-8888
Institute Sponsors: Western Illinois University's Expanding Cultural Diversity Project and Center for Innovation in Teaching and Research and the Illinois Association for Cultural Diversity
WIU Expanding Cultural Diversity Project Committee Members
- Gloria Delany-Barmann, Educational & Interdisciplinary Studies (EIS)
- Pamela L. Bowman, Human Resources
- W. Earl Bracey, Student Services
- Rebekah Buchanan, English & Journalism
- Gordon C. Chang, Sociology & Anthropology
- Peter Cole, History
- Tracy L. Davis, EIS
- Andrea Hyde, EIS, QC
- Tammy La Prad, EIS
- Debra Miretzky, EIS
- Shazia Rahman, English & Journalism
- Janice R. Welsch, Faculty Emerita
WIU Dealing with Difference Institute Committee Members
Gloria Delany-Barmann, Tammy La Prad, and Janice R. Welsch
Illinois Association for Cultural Diversity Board Members
- J. Q. Adams, Western Illinois University
- Gloria Delany-Barmann, Western Illinois University
- Richard Hazley, Trinity Higher Education Corp.
- Michelle Meadows-Sherwood, Eastern Illinois University
- Diane Nyhammer, Blackhawk Technical College
- Debra Stevenson, Davenport Community Schools
- Janice R. Welsch, Western Illinois University