Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Job Opening - Civil Service
Web Specialist III
Classification specification from State of Illinois
- Code No.: 3308
- Probation Period: 6 Months
- Class Title: Web Specialist Series
- Effective Date: June 28 2013
- Occupational Area: Semi-Professional
- Promotional Line: 357
- Work Area: University Technology
- Application Deadline: July 15 2013
- Complete State Universities Civil Service System job specification available at http://sucss.illinois.gov/documents/ClassSpecs/spec3306_3296.pdf
Additional Information:Completed application, resume, and transcript(s) are due in the WIU Human Resources Office, Sherman Hall 105, no later than 4:30pm on Monday, July 15th, 2013.
1) Experience hand-coding HTML (i.e. not using WYSIWYG or content management utilities) to create web pages.
2) Experience writing CSS.
3) Experience writing web applications using PHP with MySQL database.
Civil Service Employment – Information & Instructions
Complete a Job Application Form using one of the methods below.
- Fill out the Application online
- Pick up a copy of the form from the Human Resource Office, Sherman Hall, Room 105
- Download a copy in Microsoft Word format
All application materials are due in Human Resources by the application deadline. Application materials may include transcripts, licenses, and certifications. Please include all employment history on your application.
Applications will be reviewed and if you qualify you will be called to set-up an appointment for testing as soon as possible. If you have any questions in regard to this process, you may call the Examination Division at (309) 298-1971.
If you believe that you may require a reasonable accommodation during the application evaluation or testing process, please notify the Human Resource Office at (309) 298-1971, prior to date needed so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
All application materials can be delivered in person or sent to:
Human Resources Office
Sherman Hall Room 105
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
Fax: (309) 298-2300
Open: Monday - Friday 8:00 4:30