Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Job Opening - Civil Service
Superintendent of Building Services
Classification specification from State of Illinois
- Code No.: 3349
- Probation Period: 6 months
- Class Title: Superintendent of Building Services
- Effective Date: July 03 2014
- Occupational Area: Managerial
- Promotional Line: 293
- Work Area: Custodial Services
- Application Deadline: July 21 2014
- Complete State Universities Civil Service System job specification available at https://www.sucss.illinois.gov/documents/ClassSpecs/spec3350.pdf
Additional Information:The Superintendent of Building Services for the Macomb Campus is responsible for the oversight of 4.5 million square feet of space, an annual budget of $7.5 million, and the campus day to day custodial activities of approximately one hundred forty Building Service Workers, 11 supervisory positions, and 2 support staff. Operations occur over a 7 day week with 3 shifts per day.
All application materials, including completed application, transcripts, and resume are due in the WIU Human Resources Office, 105 Sherman Hall, Macomb, IL 61455 (309-298-1971) no later than 4:30 p.m. on Monday, July 21, 2014.
Civil Service Employment – Information & Instructions
Complete a Job Application Form using one of the methods below.
- Fill out the Application online
- Pick up a copy of the form from the Human Resource Office, Sherman Hall, Room 105
- Download a copy in PDF format
All application materials are due in Human Resources by the application deadline. Application materials may include transcripts, licenses, and certifications. Please include all employment history on your application.
Applications will be reviewed and if you qualify you will be called to set-up an appointment for testing as soon as possible. If you have any questions in regard to this process, you may call the Examination Division at (309) 298-1971.
If you believe that you may require a reasonable accommodation during the application evaluation or testing process, please notify the Human Resource Office at (309) 298-1971, prior to date needed so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
All application materials can be delivered in person or sent to:
Human Resources Office
Sherman Hall Room 105
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
Fax: (309) 298-2300
Open: Monday - Friday 8:00 4:30