Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Equal Opportunity & Access
1. Initiate Search Process | 2. Plan & Develop Search | 3. Receive & Screen Materials | 4. Interview Applicants
Step Five: Select Candidate
Once the search and screening committee has made its recommendation, make your selection and contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access to review the reasons for non-selection for all candidates interviewed and not chosen. This step must occur before an offer (oral or written) is made.
Completion and signed approval of the Employment Offer Approval Form is required before any formal or informal offers of employment may be extended.
Once approval has been confirmed, and an oral offer is accepted;
- prepare an offering letter (sample letters are available in your Network folder under Administrative Forms)
- complete the Personal Data Sheet and forward these documents to the hiring administrator
- Contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access or Academic Personnel if you need assistance completing these forms.
- For some security sensitive positions a background check may be required as a condition of job offer. Contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access with questions.