Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Equal Opportunity & Access
University Committee on Sexual Orientation Gender Identity and Expression (UCOSOGIE)
The mission of the University Committee on Sexual Orientation Gender Identity and Expression, to the greatest extent possible, is eliminate acts of homophobia and heterosexism by the faculty, staff, and students of Western Illinois University.
Goals of UCOSOGIE
- To present educational programs concerning homophobia and heterosexism to faculty, staff, and students, as requested.
- To assess faculty's efforts to include sexual diversity issues and concerns into their curriculum.
- To encourage faculty to include sexual diversity issues and concerns into their curriculum by:
- Sharing ideas of other faculty members toward this end.
- Developing a package of training materials to provide to faculty.
- Creating a "Curriculum Diversity" award to present to the faculty member who has done the most to include sexual diversity issues and concerns into their curriculum.
- Create training materials for UCOSOGIE members to use in educational sessions.
- Create a world wide web site to provide faculty, staff, and students with sexual diversity-related educational resources.
- Sponsor a video series of sexual diversity-related educational videos to be broadcast by the Satellite Education Department into residence halls.
- Create sexual diversity-related educational flyers to be posted in residence halls on a monthly basis.
- Encourage participation in UCOSOGIE by all members of the campus community.