Faculty Travel FAQ
Should I claim per diem (meals) or registration costs?
- The Faculty Travel Award does not cover per diem (meal) expenses. We no longer cover registration costs either.
Are Chairs eligible for the award?
Does the paper I present need to be published?
What is the maximum award available?
- $575. You can only receive one award per fiscal year.
How often does the committee meet?
I'm presenting next fiscal year. When should I apply?
- Because of the state budget process, your request may be approved CONTINGENT ON AVAILABLE FUNDS. If the money is not available, the award will not be funded.
How soon do I need to document my trip?
- You have two weeks to submit documentation of your trip. Otherwise your award could be forfeited.
I'm attending an online conference. Can I get the registration fee covered?
- No. The funds do not cover any registration fees.
I have to submit a paper to CITR after I return from the conference. What if the paper isn't published?
- The paper does not have to be published. A "working draft" of the document will suffice to meet the requirement.
I need to buy tickets now for my conference. Can CITR go ahead and reimburse me?
- CITR will only reimburse your department AFTER the travel has taken place.
Are there any other travel fund resources?
- Please check with your department and/or dean for additional resources.