Department of Broadcasting
Some academic departments and colleges do not provide a major at the graduate level. However, these departments or colleges do offer courses for graduate credit. Permission to use these courses in a degree program must be obtained from the appropriate Departmental Graduate Committee.
Chairperson: William “Buzz” Hoon
Office: Sallee Hall 306
Telephone: (309) 298-1098 Fax: (309) 298-2829
- Roger Sadler, Ph.D., Indiana University-Bloomington
- William “Buzz” Hoon, Ph.D., Southern Illinois University-Carbondale
Associate Graduate Faculty
- Samuel Edsall, M.F.A., Rochester Institute of Technology
- Richard Ness, Ph.D., Wayne State University
- John R. Hitchcock, Ed.S., Indiana State University
- Michael Murray, M.A., Western Illinois University
499G Field Work in Broadcasting. (3) Supervised applied experience in a sports organization or news broadcasting organization. Prerequisites: BC 315 or 350 or 426; ENG 180 and 280; or permission of the instructor.