Gainful employment information for Environmental GIS post-baccalaureate certificate
Western Illinois University offers guaranteed tuition and fees as well as room and board rates for graduate students. The cost of the certificate can be calculated by determining the guaranteed tuition and fees and multiplying it by the number of hours required in the program. University fees are mandatory for all students and require payment regardless of whether or not the student receives direct benefits.
For the latest fees, go to www.wiu.edu/vpas/business_services/tuition/gd.php
At the time that students complete the post-baccalaureate certificate, many are either enrolled in further graduate coursework or have completed a master's degree simultaneously.
Number of students completing the post-baccalaureate certificate in Environmental since Fall 2006: 7
Completion rate - Fall 2010 through Spring 2011
Students accepted into the program: 13
Students enrolled in the program: 23
Students completed the program: 2
Completion rate: 16%
Median loan debt
Information regarding median loan debt can be found at www.wiu.edu/student_services/financial_aid/gainfulemployment.php.
Students who complete this certificate are prepared to enter the following occupations:
- 11-9121.00 Natural Sciences Managers
- 25-1042.00 Biological Science Teachers, Postsecondary
- 19-1023.00 Zoologists and Wildlife Biologists
- 19-1020.01 Biologists
- 19-4021.00 Biological Technicians
- 17-2081.00 Environmental Engineers
- 19-1031.01 Soil and Water Conservationists
- 19-1031.00 Conservation Scientists
- 19-4093.00 Forest and Conservation Technicians
- 13-1041.01 Environmental Compliance Inspectors
- 19-1032.00 Foresters