Important Dates and Deadlines
- Graduation applications must be filed with the School of Graduate Studies by October 10 . If received after that date, the graduation date will be moved to the next semester. (Must have a degree plan on file in the School of Graduate Studies before application can be accepted.)
- The Application for Graduation form can be found at http://www.wiu.edu/graduate_studies/current_students/forms/clear.pdf.
- Attending commencement does not guarantee graduation. All academic requirements must be complete and all paperwork on file in the School of Graduate Studies by January 9, 2015 before diplomas are awarded.
Cap and Gown Orders
- The University Bookstore is the sole source provider of officially licensed Western Illinois University graduation regalia. Caps, gowns and tassels are available from the University Union Bookstore beginning October 20, 2014. Graduates will wear black caps and gowns.
- The cost is as follows:
- $32.50 for master and specialist degrees
- $75.00 for doctorate degree
- Orders may be shipped via UPS through December 12, 2014.
- For more information visit www.bookstore.wiu.edu/Graduation_ep_48.html.
- The University Union Bookstore and Document and Publication Services (DPS) offer two different styles of graduation announcements. See their respective websites for more information.
- Students must have their graduation application on file in the School of Graduate Studies office by October 10 . If received after that date, the graduation date will be moved to the next semester.
- Students who have invoked the Privacy Act will not have their names printed in the program or released to their local media by University Relations unless they sign a release form at the Office of the Registrar.
Grad Prep Day
- Thursday, October 23, 2014 from 1 p.m. - 5 p.m., Riverfront Campus Lobby, Quad Cities Campus
- Friday, October 24, 2014, from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m., University Union Concourse, Macomb
More information can be found at www.wiu.edu/Alumni