Please note: Assistantship positions are intended to complement the student’s program of study and a rationale may be required from the hiring department if the two are not clearly connected. Also, positions listed below may have already been filled. It is the student's responsibility to verify availability with the hiring departments. Should a student wish to have the assistantship application materials on file in the Graduate School sent to a department outside of their academic program, they must submit the request form (wiu.edu/graduate_studies/current_students/forms/GARequesttoDept.pdf)
Western Illinois University endeavors to provide a safe environment for its employees and students and requires candidates to submit to a background investigation upon offer of employment. Employment is contingent upon compliance with University policies and procedures relating to the receipt and evaluation of information contained in the background investigation.
AOD Resource Center - Fall 2016
Full-time (20hrs/week) Graduate Assistant
Seal Hall 208 - 309-298-2457
- Available for 20 hours between 8-4:30 Monday through Friday with a set schedule to allow for client appointments.
- Under supervision, conduct individual brief screening and motivational interviewing
- Under supervision, provide psycho-education for referrals from Student Judicial
- Observe/assist senior clinicians with groups and assessments
- May be allowed additional types of appointments as deemed clinically appropriate by the clinical supervisor
- Assist at the front desk
- Assist with Prevention events as needed
Application Procedure:Applicants should email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop materials off in person at Seal Hall 208 (East Wing)
2) CV or resume
Interviews will be offered after the receipt and review of application, resume and Graduate packet.