Welcome to the School of Graduate Studies!
Thank you for your interest in Western Illinois University - the only state university in Illinois to offer cost guarantee at the graduate level! We also offer in-state tuition to residents of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Missouri, and Wisconsin. To learn more about Western we encourage you to explore the following links. We also encourage you to visit the Macomb campus during one of our Graduate School open house events scheduled throughout the year. Information may be found at wiu.edu/grad/openhouse. To register, go to wiu.edu/grad/openhouse/register.
- Request information
- Schedule a visit
- Register to attend an open house
- Review our Frequently Asked Questions page. The answer you seek may be here.
- Check out our graduate catalog (PDF) (PHP) for more detailed information.
- Graduate Viewbook
How to Apply
- Western's for me! How do I apply for admission?
- I am an international student. Do I apply through the Graduate School or the Center for International Studies?
- What do I need to know about admissions?
- I want to earn a degree at Western Illinois University. What is the GPA requirement?
- I am interested in:
- a master's or doctoral degree.
- a post-baccalaureate certificate.
- a second bachelor's degree.
- an integrated bachelor's/master's program.
- teacher licensure.
- returning to finish my graduate degree at Western.
- taking a class or two, not earning another degree.
- reactivating my application - I previously applied but never attended Western
- Departmental Admission Requirements Chart
- Any exams I have to take?
- Is there an immunization policy?
- What about student health insurance?
- Are there medical services for students?
- What about housing?
Costs and Financial Assistance
- Assistantship information
- Financial Aid Options for Graduate Students
- What will a degree at Western cost me?
Programs of Study
- What graduate degrees are offered at Western?
- What post-baccalaureate certificates do you offer?
- Do you have integrated bachelor's/master's degrees?