Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Welcome to the School of Graduate Studies!
Thank you for your interest in Western Illinois University! We are the only state university in Illinois to offer cost guarantee at the graduate level. We also offer in-state tuition to residents of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Missouri and Wisconsin. To learn more about what we have to offer, we encourage you to explore the following links.
Additionally,we encourage you to visit the Macomb campus during one of our Graduate School open house events scheduled throughout the year. Information may be found at wiu.edu/grad/openhouse. To register, go to wiu.edu/grad/openhouse/register.
- Request information
- Schedule a visit
- Register to attend an open house
- Review our Frequently Asked Questions page. The answer you seek may be here.
- Check out our graduate catalog (PDF) (PHP) for more detailed information.
How to Apply
- Western's for me! How do I apply for admission?
- I am an international student. Do I apply through the Graduate School or the Center for International Studies?
- What do I need to know about admissions?
- I want to earn a degree at Western Illinois University. What is the GPA requirement?
- I am interested in:
- a master's or doctoral degree.
- a post-baccalaureate certificate.
- a second bachelor's degree.
- an integrated bachelor's/master's program.
- teacher licensure.
- returning to finish my graduate degree at Western.
- taking a class or two, not earning another degree.
- reactivating my application - I previously applied but never attended Western
- Any exams I have to take?
- Is there an immunization policy?
- What about student health insurance?
- Are there medical services for students?
- What about housing?
Costs and Financial Assistance
Programs of Study
- What graduate degrees are offered at Western?
- What post-baccalaureate certificates do you offer?
- Do you have integrated bachelor's/master's degrees?
School and Community