Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Graduate School Student Ambassador Program
The School of Graduate Studies offers graduate students the opportunity to serve as Graduate School Student Ambassadors.
The School of Graduate Studies is seeking qualified currently enrolled graduate students to serve as student ambassadors on the Macomb campus. Student ambassadors will serve as representatives of the Graduate School informing prospective and new students about life as a graduate student at WIU. Information will be shared via a variety of activities including but not limited to campus tours, new graduate student orientation, and recruiting activities. Ambassadors will train with the School of Graduate Studies staff or current ambassadors to become familiar with Graduate School related information.
- Tours - Student ambassadors giving Macomb campus tours will be required to spend approximately one hour per each tour at the rate of $25 per tour.
- New Student Orientation - Student ambassadors participating in new student orientation will be awarded a stipend of $25 per hour or fraction thereof.
- Student ambassadors attending recruiting activities with the Administrative Assistant will have event registration, transportation, and meals provided where applicable as well as a stipend of $75 per event* attended.
*(Provided events are scheduled on separate days.)
- Video clips for website. $15 per session.
- Graduate School Open House - Involves participating on student panel discussion and providing campus tour. $50 per event.
All stipends will be paid through the School of Graduate Studies.
Applicants must be currently enrolled, be in good academic standing, and have completed at least one semester as a graduate student at WIU prior to serving as a student ambassador. Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to articulate the characteristics of the School of Graduate Studies and describe their experience as a WIU graduate student in an objective and professional manner. Knowledge and familiarity of the Macomb campus is required.
Please submit application form, essay questions response, and two letters of reference to Connie Dodson, School of Graduate Studies, One University Circle, Western Illinois University, Macomb, IL 61455. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Fax: (309) 298-2345.
Selected candidates will be contacted for a personal interview. If you have further questions, please contact Connie Dodson.