Welcome to the official website of the 41st International Horn Symposium. This exciting event will be presented June 2-7th, 2009 at the School of Music, Western Illinois University, Macomb, Illinois, USA. From the world class featured artists and lecturers, to the wonderful exhibitors that will be present, to the charm of the Midwest heartland, we're sure you'll be entertained and inspired by the week!
Nestled where Illinois' rolling hills meet the Mississippi River, you'll be minutes away from many historic sites including the Lincoln Presidential Library in Springfield, Illinois, Hannibal, Missouri— "birthplace" of Mark Twain; and Galesburg, site of Lincoln-Douglas debates and the birthplace of poet, Carl Sandburg. The comfortable lifestyle and campus of Western Illinois University and Macomb provide an ideal setting for The 41st Annual International Horn Symposium.
Study horn playing with guest artists
and distinguished horn teachers
- Enjoy directed playing experiences in classes, clinics, and horn choirs
- Visit exhibitors to discuss horn study and playing
- Compete in solo performance, orchestral playing, horn ensembles and jazz solo performance
- Participate in clinics on specialized topics of technique, literature, and performance
- Experience outstanding performances and presentations by guest artists and contributing artists of solo and chamber music for the horn
We hope you will join us in June for a week of learning, fantastic performances, and fabulous fun!
Randall E. Faust
Host, 41st International Horn Symposium
School of Music, Western Illinois University, Macomb, Illinois 61455