Center for International Studies
Western Illinois University’s admission requirements vary depending on your previous education. Find and select your level of study below to view requirements.
Undergraduate Freshmen Students
- First-year university students
- Completed high school or secondary school
- No previous university-level or post-secondary coursework
- Previous university-level or post-secondary coursework
- Has not completed U.S. bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Completed a U.S. bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Pursuing a master's degree or wishes to pursue a second bachelor's degree
Western's English-as-a-Second Language Institute (WESL)
If you need to improve your English skills before beginning a degree program, our English Language Institute may be right for you. The classes integrate training in reading, writing, speaking, and listening with academic development in a variety of subject areas.