Center for International Studies
Once You Are Admitted
Congratulations on your admission to WIU! Now that you have been accepted you will need to prepare for your arrival.
WIU and Macomb offer a safe, friendly community where people enjoy a lifestyle that is more relaxed than in a big city and which provides a positive study environment. Although Macomb is not a big city, it has an interesting diversity of people who represent not only the United States, but many parts of the world as well. For more information about the community, visit Macomb's website.
Living in Macomb
- Housing - Learn more about available housing options.
- Climate - The climate of Macomb varies depending on the season.
- Banking - There are many banking options available in Macomb. The Center for International Studies will help students with banking during New International Student Orientation week.
- Driver's license - Learn about the steps needed in order to get an Illinois driver's license.
- Day care services - There are several different options for child care in Macomb.
- School Information - Click to see how to enroll your school-aged children in the local schools.
- Shopping - Check out local grocery stores and other shopping opportunities.
- Mail services - Find out about local mail services.
- Places of worship- See the list of places of worship in Macomb and the surrounding areas.
- Telephone/Fax Services - Learn about local phone and fax services available.
Living in the United States
- American Culture - Learn about different aspects of American culture.
- Culture Shock- Culture shock is very common to experience when entering a new culture. Click on the link to learn to more about it.
Employment and Scholarships
Transportation to and in Macomb
International Student Services