Center for International Studies
In the United States free schooling is available for all children over five years and under 18 years of age. Parents are legally obliged to enroll all children between five-16 years old full-time in school.
All new school-aged students must visit the Macomb School District Office located at 323 W. Washington St. to show Proof of Residency.
To get the form you need to enroll your children, click here.
To enroll your children in school, you need to have/do these things:
* An original birth certificate (if your child's birth certificate is in another language, have an English translation as well)
* Students who transfer from within the state of Illinois, need an Illinois State Transfer Form from their previous school
* School records from their previous school
* High School students require transcripts from their previous school
* Proof of Residency for custodial parents and/or custodial guardians must be done first before enrolling a child in our district. Please bring documentation to our district's Administrative Office located at 323 W. Washington St.
* Kindergarten students must be 5 years old on or before September 1st
* Kindergarten, 6th and 9th grades require a physical examination by doctor by the first day of school
* Kindergarten, 2nd and 6th grades require dental exams by the first day of school
* Kindergarten students require an eye examination. An exam given up to one year prior to the first day of school is valid
* Photo Id of registrant (Parent/Guardian)
* One of the following:
- Mortgage papers [homeowners] OR
- Signed and dated lease and proof of last month's payment
* One of the following documents showing proper address:
- Current public aid card/insurance card
- Current homeowners/renters insurance and premium payment receipt
- Most recent cable, internet, gas, electric or water bill
- Vehicle/Voter Registration
Please take all items to: Macomb School District #185 323 W. Washington St. Macomb, Il 61455