Information for New WESL Students
How To Apply:
- Ready to apply? Apply Here!
- Checklist for International Students - Read this carefully.
- Still have questions? Frequently Asked Questions
WESL Institute Admission Requirements:
- Declaration of finances
- Financial documentation (an official bank statement)
- An academic credential comparable to a U.S. high school diploma
- Official academic records
- 17 years of age or older at the time you plan to attend Western Illinois University
- A copy of your passport
- You do not need to take the TOEFL, IELTS, or any other English language proficiency test for WESL acceptance
Are you a new student? We have MONEY for you!
ALL new, non-government sponsored students enrolled in the WESL program automatically receive a $1000 scholarship for the academic year. This scholarship is for tuition only and is applied directly to the student's account: $500 in the Fall and $500 in the Spring.
This scholarship is for those students that are new to WIU and WESL for first-time enrollment only.
The WESL tuition money is due before you can get acceptance documents, about two months before the semester begins. Please click on any links for the most current information. Fees are for full-time students. Some fees may be different for part-time students.
- Application fee: $30.00 (one time)
- WESL placement test fee: $100.00
- WESL tuition per semester (Fall, Spring, Summer): $4,500.00
- Textbook per semester (estimation): $250.00
- Government Sponsored Student Fee: $250.00
- University fees: $1351.80 (Fall/Spring), $865.50 (Summer)
- Health insurance fees: $822.50 (Jan. 1 - July 31, 2017)
Payments can be mailed to:
Your payment can be a bank draft (certified checks) from a US bank, US currency, or a wire transfer.
International Admissions Office
Memorial Hall 342
Western Illinois University
1 University Circle
Macomb IL 61455