Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
iTunes U User Information for Students
iTunes U at Western Illinois University is provided as a way for administration, faculty, and staff to provide our students with up-to-date media rich audio enhanced content. On iTunes U you will find both public access information such as guest lectures, news and events, alumni updates, campus tours, and restricted course content provided by select faculty members for use by student's registered in their courses.
If you are a student or faculty member at Western with a disability that may require an accommodation in order for you to fully utilize this service, please contact the Equal Opportunity & Access office at (309) 298-1977.
What is iTunes U?
iTunes U is a free service hosted by Apple that allows instructors, administrators, and affiliates to manage, distribute, and control access to educational audio and video content for students within a college or university using Apple's iTunes Store infrastructure.
Logging In and Finding Your Course
- Download and Install iTunes on your computer if you haven't done so already. (http://www.apple.com/iTunes)
- Using Safari (Mac), Firefox (Mac or Windows)or Internet Explorer (Windows) navigate to https://www.wiu.edu/itunesu
- Click on the login button. It is labeled (Click here to login to WIU's iTunes site.)
- You will be prompted to enter your ecom username and password to log in. If you do not know your ecom username and password you will need to contact the UCSS help desk at (309)298-2704.
- iTunes will automatically open to the Western Illinois University iTunesU Entry page.
Finding Your Course
- Notice that there are three main areas within the iTunes U page. They include: Courses, Explore Western, and Professional Development.
- Select the area you want to explore by clicking on the links provided.
- For example, if you want to enter a specific course that you are enrolled in, click on Courses.
- Once the course area opens, locate your course and click on the corresponding link to enter.
- Dependent upon how your instructor designs his or her course area, you will find a series of tabs including media rich course material.
- Click on a tab to view its contents.
- Click the Get button to get specific tracks, or click the Subscribe button to subscribe to the course content, which will allow you to receive any new content as your instructor makes it available.
- When you are finished, always remember to click the Logout link in the upper right-hand corner of your screen to log out of your iTunes account.
- Close your browser window.
Did you find what you are looking for? If you still have a question about iTunes please take a look at our Troubleshooting page or call the Interactive Multimedia Lab for training assistance. (309) 298-3076.