To borrow materials from the library, patrons must show a current picture ID. A picture ID may include a WIU ID Card, Driver License, State Issued ID Card, Visa, Passport, etc. WIU-affiliated patrons should use their WIU ID card to obtain library services. Non-affiliated patrons can apply for a borrower card ("SLC") free of charge if they can present a picture ID.
The automated circulation system will check out items for 4 weeks, 8 weeks or 16 weeks, depending on the status of the patron.
- Faculty/Staff - 16 weeks
- Emeritius Faculty/Retired Staff - 16 weeks
- Graduate Students - 8 weeks
- Undergraduate students - 4 weeks
- Popular reading paperbacks collection - 4 weeks for all patrons
- Media - 2 weeks for all patrons
- Community Members - 4 weeks
Books may be returned to the outside bookdrops on Western Avenue, the bookdrops in the north lobby of the Malpass Library, or the counter of the Access Services (Circulation) Unit. Patrons who return books personally may ask for a receipt for their books.
- Greg Phelps
- Access Services