- CARLI Digital Collections
- CARLI Digital Collections was established in 2006 as a repository for digital content created by member libraries of the Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Illinois (CARLI). CARLI Digital Collections uses the CONTENTdm digital asset management tool to describe and deliver digital representations of special collections including printed and manuscript materials, images, and sound recordings. CARLI Digital Collections is a growing image and special collections research resource for faculty, staff, students, and the public.
- Illinois Digital Archives
- The Illinois Digital Archives (IDA) was developed to provide access to primary source materials in Illinois libraries, archives, museums, historical societies and other cultural institutions. Ida was unveiled in November 2000 as part of the Illinois State Library's Digital Imaging Program. It was designed to be a searchable repository for the Illinois State Library's digital collections as well as those of other libraries and cultural institutions in Illinois.
- Internet Archives
- The Internet Archive is a 501(c)(3) non-profit that was founded to build an Internet library. Its purposes include offering permanent access for researchers, historians, scholars, people with disabilities, and the general public to historical collections that exist in digital format. Founded in 1996 and located in San Francisco, the Archive has been receiving data donations from Alexa Internet and others. In late 1999, the organization started to grow to include more well-rounded collections. Now the Internet Archive includes texts, audio, moving images, and software as well as archived web pages in our collections, and provides specialized services for adaptive reading and information access for the blind and other persons with disabilities.
- Google Books
- In 1996, Google co-founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page were graduate computer science students working on a research project supported by the Stanford Digital Library Technologies Project. Their goal was to make digital libraries work, and their big idea was as follows: "in a future world in which vast collections of books are digitized, people would use a 'web crawler' to index the books' content and analyze the connections between them, determining any given book's relevance and usefulness by tracking the number and quality of citations from other books. Using the new UI as a launching point, we experiment with new ways for people to interact with books."
- Milwaukee Public Library Digital Collections
- Locate old recipes, marriage licenses, and many maritime artifacts from Milwaukee's history. The collection includes Milwaukee's political history and materials from the Spanish-American War of 1898.
- NLM Digital Collections
- Digital Collections is the National Library of Medicine's free online archive of biomedical books and videos. All the content in Digital Collections is in the public domain and freely available worldwide. Digital Collections provides unique access to NLM's rich, historical resources.
- PubMed Central
- PubMed Central (PMC) is the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH) free digital archive of biomedical and life sciences journal literature.
- Turning the Page from NLM
- The National Library of Medicine (NLM) Archive'sinteractive digital collection.
- Using touchscreen technology and animation software, the digitized images of rare and beautiful historic books in the biomedical sciences are offered at kiosks at the U.S. National Library of Medicine. Visitors may ‘touch and turn’ these pages in a highly realistic way. They can zoom in on the pages for more detail, read or listen to explanations of the text, and (in some cases) access additional information on the books in the form of curators’ notes.
- Now we offer Turning The Pages for the enjoyment of home users with an Internet connection. This Web version has been created via Macromedia Flash MX. Simply click the BOOKS button above and select the book you wish to view.
- WIU Archives
- The University Archives is the official repository for university records. Contains links to Archive collections and services.