Ordering Books & Articles
Ordering Books & Other Materials (e.g., microforms, theses)
To locate books, movies, music, etc. at WIU Libraries:
- Search WestCat (WIU library catalog).
- If you find the item in WestCat, but it is held only at the WIU-QC library, you can have it delivered to Malpass Library (or vice versa). Click on the option in the bar near the top of the screen. Login requires only your last name/surname and your borrower ID, which is 21711 followed by your WIU ID number. Example: 217119aabbbccc.
- If you are unable to find your item in Westcat, click either the red question that asks “Repeat search in the I-Share catalog?” or the option in the bar near the top of the screen. Follow the steps below.
Order items from other I-Share libraries by following these steps:
- Login to I-Share with your I-Share username and password (or first, "Create a New Account").
- Search for the book(s)
- When you have found a book, go to its detail page and click the "Request this item" link (within the "Locations" tab below the "Status" field)
- Select "Choose pick-up location" - it will default to the correct location for WIU.
- Click on "Request".
If you are unable to find your item in I-Share (or it is unavailable), then submit your request through ILLiad (see below):
ILLiad (Books & Other Materials)
ILLiad enables you to request materials that are unavailable via I-Share.
- If you haven't done so, please create a new ILLiad account.
- If you already have an account, Login to ILLiad.
To Request Items through ILLiad:
- Select category under "New Request"
- Complete all required fields, designated by a red asterisk ( * ), the more information provided helps to ensure you receive the exact item you are requesting.
- Submit your request - ILLiad requests usually take 10-14 days to arrive.
- Before submitting an article request, search Locate a Journal to see if the library already has access to the journal you need (either online or in print)
- If we own it in print but it is at our other campus, use ILLiad to request a copy.
- If we do not own it, use ILLiad to request a copy from another library.
For help finding articles, citations, or completing the form, please visit Reference Services.