Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
School of Ag Open House March 22
March 19, 2013
MACOMB, IL -- Western Illinois University's School of Agriculture will host prospective students and their parents at its annual Spring Open House slated to start at 9:30 a.m. Friday, March 22. At the open house, School of Ag faculty and current students will be on hand to answer questions and lead tours of the WIU-Macomb campus, University Farm and agriculture-related fraternities.
A $100 scholarship will be given away to a random participant at the event. The event is open free to the public, and those who register will receive a complimentary lunch. Online registration is available at www.wiu.edu/cbt/agriculture/registration.php.
According to Agriculture Academic Advisor Ember Keithley, students majoring in agriculture at Western have exceptional opportunities to learn about and experience many areas of the discipline.
"Opportunities for students studying agriculture at WIU include obtaining hands-on experience at the School of Ag's field facilities, including research areas in organic and alternative crops; working in animal research operations; and joining an agriculture-related student organization," she said.
The schedule for the WIU School of Agriculture Open House is listed below. All participants should park at the WIU Livestock Center (located at 2201 Wigwam Hollow Road); a map of the WIU campus and directions to the WIU Livestock Center are available at www.wiu.edu/cbt/agriculture/openhouse.php.
For more information, contact the School of Ag at (309) 298-1080.
WIU School of Agriculture Spring 2013 Open House Schedule
- 9:30-10 a.m. - Registration/Student Organization Booths
- 10-10:15 a.m. - Welcome by School of Agriculture Director William Bailey
- 10:15-10:30 a.m. - WIU Admissions Counselor
- 10:30-10:45 a.m. - Student Club Introductions
- 10:45-11:30 a.m. - Campus/University Farm Tour
- 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. - Lunch
- 1-2 p.m. - Faculty Discussion
- 2-2:20 p.m. - A day in the life of an agriculture student
- 2:20-2:30 p.m. - Advising, Ember Keithley
- 2:30 p.m. - Closing Remarks
Posted By: WIU News, University Relations
Phone: (309) 298-1993 * Fax: (309) 298-1606