Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Performing Arts Society Academic Support Program Awards Grants
May 9, 2013
MACOMB, IL – The Performing Arts Society (PAS) helps the Western Illinois University College of Fine Arts and Communication (COFAC) raise money to support arts programming through the Youth Performing Arts Series, the Bureau of Cultural Affairs and other programming centered around the arts at Western Illinois University.
In keeping with the mission of the PAS, an Academic Support Program (PAS ASP) has been established to support academic programs, projects and/or events that enhance the arts at Western.
The grants for 2013-2014, totaling over $10,000, have been awarded to:
• Randall Faust and Courtney Blankenship for 2014 Horn Festival and Music Business for, "1M1: Hollywood Horns of the Golden Years," a movie produced by hornist Annie Bosler. The film documents the great work of the most significant studio hornists of the 20th century, the history of their studios, unions, and the artform.
• Jeffrey Brown and Tammie Walker for the second Western Illinois University Piano Festival.
• James Caldwell for the 27th annual New Music Festival 2014.
• Ann Marie Hayes-Hawkinson for the University Art Gallery exhibition, "Painting the Familiar and the Ordinary; Contemporary Still Life."
• Ta-Teh Ku for Community Art Program will provide quality art classes and art experiences to local children free of cost. WIU art education students will teach in the Community Art Program.