Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
WIU Winter DanceWorks Concert Dec. 5 - 7
November 19, 2013
MACOMB, IL - Western Illinois University's annual Winter DanceWorks Concert will offer an evening of modern dance and ballet, choreographed by students and faculty in University Dance Theatre (UDT), Thursday – Saturday, Dec. 5-7 at 7:30 p.m. in Hainline Theatre.
Candace Winters-March, professor of dance/adviser and co-artistic director of UDT will present her piece, "In The Space Between," choreographed in collaboration with members of the cast. This piece will be performed at the American College Dance Festival in March 2014.
Heidi Clemmens, associate professor of dance and co-artistic director of UDT, will present her piece "expanding empty." This piece will also be performed at the American College Dance Festival in March 2014.
Kirstie Simson, the Fall 2013 guest artist for UDT, is a faculty member in the dance department at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Simson is an award-winning dancer and teacher who has "immeasurably enriched and expanded the boundaries of New Dance" according to Time Out magazine in London. This semester, she has set a piece on 10 dancers called, "The End of Time Begins."
Lara Little, instructor of dance, will present her piece for five dancers, "Before Now."
Student choreographers include:
• Briana Anderson, co-choreographer of "At Sixes and Sevens," junior, communication major, Evergreen Park, IL
• Gabby Barrett, co-choreographer of "At Sixes and Sevens," junior, theatre major, Richton Park, IL
• Jackie Bertucci, choreographer of "Leaving the Past," senior, finance major, Chicago, IL
• Jeremy Booth, choreographer of "Sleeping with a Broken Heart," junior, law enforcement and justice administration major, Joliet, IL
• Kelly Jilek, choreographer of "Solidarity," senior, recreation, parks and tourism administration major, Orland Park, IL
• Meg Kremer, choreographer of "A lot of Hoot, a Smidge of Nanny" and co-choreographer of "At Sixes and Sevens," junior, exercise science, Colchester, IL
• Nikki Sangiacomo choreographer of "Depencende," senior, physical education, Villa Park, IL
• Samantha Stratton, choreographer of "Cirquetorium," and co-choreographer of "At Sixes and Sevens," senior, general studies, Waukegan, IL
Tickets are $15 for the public, $13 for senior citizens, youth, or WIU employees and free to WIU students with valid identification. Tickets are available through the Hainline Theatre Box Office at (309) 298-2900 from noon to 5 p.m. weekdays, or online at wiu.edu/cofac/eventstickets.php.
For more information, contact the Department of Theatre and Dance at (309) 298-1543.