Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Graduate Research Conference Winners Named
February 11, 2014
MACOMB, IL – The first Graduate Research Conference at Western Illinois University was held Feb. 7 as part of Graduate Research Week on campus.
The event featured presentations by 65 WIU graduate students in the areas of artistic performances, research posters and research presentations. Awards were presented in each category, and this year's winners include:
• First place – Dallas Milholland and Emily Terrell (Theatre: Acting), "The Pebble Project: The Process to Product Journey"
• Second place – Kristin Katsu (Theatre: Directing), "Arts Advocacy: A Dance"
• First place – Bawk Mai Aung (Health Sciences), "Comparative Study on Road Traffic Injuries in Myanmar and Thailand"
• Second place – Terri Tobias (Biological Sciences), "Are All Seed Endophytes Beneficial for Plant Growth?"
• Third place – Ashley Simmons (Experimental Psychology), "Prenatal Oxytocin Exposure and ADHD"
• First place – Amber Schorg (Biological Sciences), "Seed Bank Composition in Drawdown Areas of Pool 18, Upper Mississippi River"
• Second place – Zachary C. Roth (Experimental Psychology), "The Influence of Agreeableness on Prejudice and the Moderating Role of Self-Monitoring"
• Third place – Kristyne Gilbert Bradford (English), "The Making of Knowledge in Art: Case Studies of Fiber Artists"
This year's awards reception was sponsored by the WIU College of Arts and Sciences and the Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society. Event sponsors included the WIU Billing and Receivables Office, the Center for Innovation in Teaching and Research, College of Business and Technology, College of Education and Human Services, the WIU Department of Psychology, the First Year Experience committee, Human Resources, the Institute for Environmental Studies, the Scholarship Office, the Undergraduate Admissions Office, the University Bookstore and University Relations.
The second annual Graduate Research Conference is scheduled for Friday, March 6, 2015.