Community Fitness-a-Thon April 21
April 19, 2012
MACOMB, IL – Current Miss Quincy and Miss Macomb 2011 Megan Ervin, a Western Illinois University senior, will host the Macomb Community eChange Fitness-A-Thon Saturday, April 21 at the Macomb High School gymnasium.
Fitness classes will be held from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. and admission is $10 per person for the public and $5 for students. Proceeds from the event will be divided between the Children's Miracle Network and the Macomb School District's physical education programs.
The class schedule includes:
• 10–10:30 a.m. – Welcome and Master Zumba class
• 10:30–11 a.m. – Crump and Pump Zumba (higher intensity)
• 11-11:45 a.m. – Turbo Kick class
• 11-11:45 a.m. – Dance class for children (gym balcony)
• 11:45 a.m.-noon – Abs class
• Noon-12:45 p.m. – Bootcamp
• Noon-12:45 p.m. –Stretching/ Pilates/Yoga Inspirations (on balcony)
• 12:45-1 p.m. – Abs class
• 1-1:45 p.m. – Zumba/Bootcamp Inspirations
• 1:45-2 p.m. – Closing and cool down
Individuals can take part in all or some of the classes.
Booths for fitness assessments, body fat readings, blood pressure, nutrition information and questions will be set up during the event.
The Fitness-A-Thon is sponsored by Western Illinois University's Exercise Science Student Association and the YMCA of McDonough County.