Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
IIRA Sustainability Brownbaggers Spring 2014
January 16, 2014
MACOMB, IL — The Illinois Institute for Rural Affairs (IIRA) at Western Illinois University will once again sponsor a series of Sustainability Brownbaggers lunch-time conversation events. The one-hour presentations, held over the lunch hour from 12:30–1:30 p.m. on Tuesdays, are described as "conversations for the natural and social sciences, business and the arts and humanities."
The Sustainability Brownbaggers events will be held in WIU's Leslie F. Malpass Library, fourth floor (west). Individuals are welcome to bring their lunches to each event.
Upcoming presentations include:
- Jan. 28: "Integrated Ecological and Community Development"
Webinar presented by Kansas State University
- Feb. 4: "Cultural Sustainability in Rural Mid-America"
Presented by Dan Meachem, Illinois Humanities Council
- Feb. 11: "Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources' Congress"
Webinar presented by Marc Miller, Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources
- Feb. 18: "Community Sustainability @ Your Rural Library"
Presented by Jeff Hancks, associate professor, Western Illinois University Libraries
- Feb. 25: "Renewing Communities: Cleaning Up Toxic Waste Sites"
Presented by Illinois Institute for Rural Affairs Director Chris Merrett
- March 4: "Why We Need to Preserve Land"
Presented by David King, Alice Henry, Prairie Land Conservancy
- April 1: "Environmental Summit Lite"
Presented by Terra Brockman, founder of The Land Connection and author of the book, "The Seasons on Henry's Farm: A Year of Food and Life on a Sustainable Farm"
For more information, contact IIRA Assistant Director Timothy Collins at (309) 298-3412 or T-Collins@wiu.edu, or visit www.iira.org.
Posted By: WIU News, University Relations
Phone: (309) 298-1993 * Fax: (309) 298-1606