Western Illinois University - Quad Cities - Academics
Web Tools and Search Bar
Quad Cities Campus
Associate Professor of Engineering
WIU QC Riverfront 108M
(309) 762-9481 Ext. 62781
Ph.D. 1996, Civil Engineering University of Utah
M. S. 1990, Civil Engineering University of Utah
B. S. 1983, Civil Engineering University of Utah
- Professional Engineer, Utah License No. 166915
- Professional Land Surveyor, Utah License No. 166915
- OSHA Health and Safety, 40 Hr. Hazardous Waste, 1988
- Integration of fundamental science, technology and engineering concepts into a comprehensive engineering curriculum.
- Development of computer based training in engineering education.
- Utilization of evolving pedagogical models in engineering education.
- Teaching: solid mechanics, soil mechanics, geotechnical engineering, surface and ground water hydrology, land surveying, site development, computer aided drafting and design, numerical modeling, and comprehensive project courses.
- Authoring electronic text books for engineering subjects.
- Characterization of heavy metal contamination in soil using X-ray fluorescence.
- Use of X-ray fluorescence analysis during cone penetrometer continuous push.
- Soil stability and consolidation, insitu testing.
- Renewable energy; development and application of solar and wind technologies.
- Application of composite engineering material technologies.
- Development and application of remotely controlled systems.
Courses for Fall 2012
- ENGR 351: Engineering Material Science
- ENGR 453: Geotechnical Design
- ENGR 460: Steel Design