About Western Illinois University-Quad Cities
It All Begins Here
We are now a leading university with a campus in the Quad Cities, a residential campus in Macomb, and extension and distance learning programs.
With an outstanding, diverse faculty and staff committed to multicultural and international education, Western Illinois University-Quad Cities offers undergraduate and graduate programs of study to students from Illinois, across the nation, and around the world. View Timeline
Photo Gallery: Explore Campus and Meet our Students!
Come see why Western Rocks!
Goldfard Atrium creates a common area for students.
Develop problem solving skills at the Quad Cities Manufacturing Lab on Arsenal Island.
Awards and Recognition night for students of the College of Arts & Sciences students at Ben Butterworth Center, Moline.
Experience a unique learning space by the Mississippi River.
Admissions Information | Programs @ QC | Building Hours
Located in the heart of the Mississippi, the Quad Cities is served by several major roads (I-88, I-74, and several major state highways), an international airport, bus service and taxi services.
The Quad Cities has its own International Airport with services to major cities across the United States. There is also a complete public transportation system that interconnects Iowa and Illinois. Taxi services operate 24/7 and you can even take a ride on the Channel Cat Water Taxi. Wherever you need to go, there is a way to get there!
Schedule a campus visit
- The Princeton Review: Western ranked a “Best Midwestern College"
- U.S. News & World Report: WIU recognized as a top tier "Best Regional University"
- G.I. Jobs Magazine: Western Illinois named a "Military Friendly School”
- Military Times EDGE Magazine: WIU named "Best for College"
- Forbes: Western listed among the best of 650 institutions in the country
- Carnegie Community Engagement Classification
- U.S. President's Honor Roll for Service
What's great about Western Illinois University-Quad Cities?
Joseph A. Rives, Ph.D.
Vice President, Quad Cities and Planning
Western Illinois University
"We are proud to be THE Public Choice for the Quad Cities by emphasizing quality, opportunity, and affordability. We proudly serve all levels of the college experience--starting with the freshman year and continuing all the way through doctoral programs in educational leadership and environmental sciences."
At a Glance
Location: Moline, Illinois
Greater Quad Cities Region: 376,000
- Illinois Students: 983 (65.4%)
- Iowa Students: 498 (33.2%)
- Other States: 19 (1.3%)
- Undergraduate Students: 778
- Graduate Students: 549
- Total (Male 41%, Female 59%): 1,237
- Total Minority Students: 14.4%
- International Students: 2 (0.2%)
- Student-to-Faculty Ratio(all): 12:1
- Full-time Faculty: 52
*Data from Fall 2013
Vew more Fast Facts.
Western Illinois University-Quad Cities
3300 River Drive
Moline, Illinois 61265
Phone: (309) 762-9481
Admissions: (309) 762-1495
Advising: (309) 762-1988