Western Illinois University - Quad Cities - Academics
Web Tools and Search Bar
Quad Cities Campus
Featured Courses for Summer and Fall 2014
LEJA 495: Seminar on Hate Crimes
STAR number: 96882
3 credit hour course
MTWTh, 5:30 am - 8:15 pm
Riverfront Hall - Room 237
- Who commits hate crimes?
- What are hate groups & their ideologies?
- How do hate groups recruit?
- What are the issues & aspects of hate crime?
- What are the many controversies surrounding hate crimes?
- What groups whouls be protected by hate crime laws & how are hate crimes identified and prosecuted?
- Who are the victims of hate crimes?
- What anti-hate groups exist?
- What about hate crimes and the international stage?
- What are ways law enforcement & the criminal justice system can contribute to fighting bigotry and reduce hate crimes?
*New Course: HIST 380 - The Great War, 1914 - 1918
Star number: 96678
3 Credit Hour Course
9:30 am - 12:00 pm
*New Course: REL 355 - Buddhism
Star number: 94329
Wednesdays: 12:30 pm - 3:00 pm
REL 355 introduces students to Buddhist textual traditions and practices in Asia and the West. The historical development and philosophical traditions of Buddism will be examined and how they have been shaped by and helped shape different cultures, communities, and worldviews.
For more information contact: Dr. Sarah Haynes, firstname.lastname@example.org