Western Illinois University - Quad Cities - Academics
Web Tools and Search Bar
Quad Cities Campus
Western Commitment Scholarships Renewal
A Western Commitment Scholarship is a new program intended to reward students with excellent academic ability and achievement in high school by offering a 4-year scholarship towards the cost of attendance at Western Illinois University.
Western Commitment Scholarships are renewable for students to receive the awards for up to 8 total semesters if students maintain eligibility.
In order to maintain eligibility for the $10,000 scholarship students must:
- Complete high school with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or better
- Live in University Housing each semester (except for Credit Internship, Study Abroad and Quad Cities Campus Enrollment)
- Maintain continuous full-time enrollment (12 hours or more) each semester
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.4 or better (required for Honors College participation)
- Be accepted and actively participate in the Centennial Honors College
- Maintain good standing with regard to the Student Code of Conduct
In order to maintain eligibility for all other Western Commitment Scholarships students must:
- Complete high school with a cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or better
- Maintain continuous full-time enrollment (12 hours or more) each semester at WIU
- Maintain a WIU cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Maintain good standing with regard to the Student Code of Conduct at WIU
Students who are eligible to receive the $10,000 scholarship but who do not wish to comply with the stated criteria, such as living in the residence halls or participating in the Honors College for 4 years, may elect to accept a $3,000 scholarship if they comply with the criteria for the lower scholarship amount. This same standard applies for students who fail to meet the higher criteria; they may voluntarily elect to accept the lower scholarship award if they meet the lower criteria.
A student must maintain a cumulative GPA above the minimum criteria at WIU each semester. If a student fails to meet all eligibility requirements each semester, there will be a one-semester grace period for the student to again meet all eligibility requirements otherwise the scholarship is forfeited. Students not meeting assigned criteria will not be required to reimburse any previously awarded automatic scholarship, rather they will no longer be eligible to receive future awards after the one-semester period has lapsed. If a student chooses to attend another college or university, the scholarship is forfeited. Once the scholarship is forfeited, it may not be reclaimed.
Scholarships are conditional upon funding availability. Students may also use their Western Commitment Scholarships (not including room waivers) for credit internships and study abroad.
For questions regarding the Western Commitment Scholarships, contact WIU-Quad Cities Admissions office at (309) 762 - 1495 or email email@example.com.