Western Illinois University - Quad Cities - Academics
Web Tools and Search Bar
Quad Cities Campus
Western Illinois University Foundation Quad Cities Leadership Committee
The Quad Cities Leadership Team is made up of alumni, prominent community leaders in the region and ex-officio members from the University’s Board of Trustees. The Committee provides advice and guidance to Western Illinois University-Quad Cities as we successfully achieve fundraising goals supporting institutional goals and priorities.
- Promote the mission, values, and educational goals of Western Illinois University in the Quad Cities region.
- Serve as a resource for and stimulus to the economic, educational, cultural, environmental, and community development in the Quad Cities region and beyond.
- Provide appropriate recommendations to the WIU Foundation and University leadership concerning strategic educational initiatives and plans.
- Develop community awareness and partnerships for the educational, economic, cultural and social benefits of the WIU Quad Cities campus.
- Develop and enlist financial support for the Quad Cities campus from individuals, businesses, corporations and foundations by highlighting the educational benefits of their gifts and philanthropy.
- Make their own gifts to the comprehensive campaign as evidence of heir leadership and commitment to the comprehensive campaign at WIU-Quad Cities.
- Provide linkages to major Quad Cities civic organizations.
Early support for the WIU- Quad Cities campaign for the Riverfront Campus includes:
- John Deere Foundation $500,000 Lease space and equipment for Engineering
- The Moline Foundation $500,000 Lease space and equipment for Engineering
- Hunt and Diane Harris Family Foundation, $100,000
- Rock Island County Board of Supervisors, $75,000 Community Room
- US Bankcorp Foundation, $50,000, Professional Writing Center
- Riverboat Development Authority $26,000
- Scott County Regional Authority, $25,000, Distance Learning Classroom