Quad Cities Campus
Chicago Bus Trip 2015
The annual Chicago Bus Trip will occur on Thursday, February 12. While led by Dr. Everett Hamner and LASSO, the trip is only possible thanks to generous additional support from IDEAS, GEMS, CSS, SGA, and the Office of Student Activities. In past years, we have gone to the National Museum of Mexican Art, the Dusable Museum of African American History, the Field Museum, and the Art Institute of Chicago; this year we are returning to the Field (http://www.fieldmuseum.org). Like last year, the trip will cost only $10/person, including door-to-door charter bus service from the WIU-QC Riverfront campus. The only additional costs should be lunch, which is easily available on-site, and any special exhibit or films that individuals might choose to purchase separately. Here are more details:
- 6:45 AM Arrive at WIU-QC and pay $10/person upon boarding
- 7 AM Bus departs from Riverfront Hall parking lot on the east side of the WIU-QC campus
- 10 AM Bus arrives at Field Museum
- 11:15 am-12:15 PM Optional lecture by Field Museum conservation biologist (please indicate interest on signup form; slots are first-come, first-served)
- 3:30 PM Bus departs from Field Museum
- 6:30-7 PM Bus arrives at WIU-QC Riverfront
WHAT TO BRING
- Snacks for bus trips
- Cameras should be OK for most exhibits (but please respect signage regarding flash usage, other exceptions)
SIGNUP PROCEDURE, GUEST POLICY, & WAITING LIST
All students, staff, and faculty interested in attending are required to fill out the online signup sheet linked below by Friday, February 6. Please understand that seats for students will be confirmed first; after the Feb. 6 signup deadline, remaining seats will be assigned for guests in the order they were requested.
Within 48 hours of submitting your form, you should receive either confirmation of your reservation or information about your place on the waiting list. Please note that this trip has filled for the past two years and that registering does not guarantee seats. Also, if you do receive confirmation for your seat(s) and your plans should change, please notify notify us immediately via firstname.lastname@example.org. We would like to offer any seats that will not be used to those on the waiting list.