Office of the Registrar
Help for Accessing Student Lists & Downloads
WHO IS GRANTED ACCESS?
- Access is granted to active (current & future) faculty, staff, and administration by a login with ECom username and password.
WHEN IS THE DATA UPDATED?
- Download data for the current term is updated weekly (more often during the first 10 days of the fall and spring terms) - usually by 7am on Monday morning.
- Future terms are updated approximately once per week. The date and time last updated can be displayed after clicking on "Go."
- The official up-to-date roster is available through the RSTR screen on WIUP at http://mvs.wiu.edu
HOW DO I SAVE THE DATA?
- The download data is saved with an assigned descriptive file name. To view or import the downloaded data, you may need to save or rename the files with a ".txt" extension.
- If data is saved for spreadsheet or database use, import the file into your software using a "tab delimited" format.
- Search Western's Knowledgebase for details on how to import data into Excel.
WHAT DATA IS AVAILABLE?
- The drop-down menus for rosters, majors, and minors include the total number of students in parentheses. If there are no students enrolled, then the roster, major or minor name will not appear in the selection list.
- Major and minor abbreviations are available by using these tables: Major Abbreviations and Minor Abbreviations
- Brief field descriptions are included below:
|ROSTERS||COLUMN 1||COLUMN 2||COLUMN 3||COLUMN 4||COLUMN 5||COLUMN 6||COLUMN 7||COLUMN 8||COLUMN 9||COLUMN 10|
|MAJORS||COLUMN 1||COLUMN 2||COLUMN 3||COLUMN 4||COLUMN 5||COLUMN 6||COL 7||COLUMN 8||COLUMN 9||COLUMN 10||COL 11|
(and 2ND flag)
|MINORS||COLUMN 1||COLUMN 2||COLUMN 3||COLUMN 4||COLUMN 5||COLUMN 6||COLUMN 7|
|ADVISEES||COLUMN 1||COLUMN 2||COLUMN 3||COLUMN 4||COLUMN 5||COLUMN 6||COLUMN 7||COLUMN 8||COLUMN 9||COLUMN 10|
|COLUMN 11||COLUMN 12||COLUMN 13||COLUMN 14||COLUMN 15||COLUMN 16||COLUMN 17||COLUMN 18||COLUMN 19|
(Application on File)
|COLUMN 20||COLUMN 21||COLUMN 22||COLUMN 23||COLUMN 24||COLUMN 25|
|MAJOR GPA||STUDENT DEGREE
- 2006/02/03 Program code added to ADVISEE list to assist with identifying teacher education.
- 2006/02/08 Course specific prerequisite checking added to ROSTER list.
- 2006/03/23 Separate undergrad and grad counts added to MAJOR list.
- 2006/04/24 Program code added to MAJOR list to assist with identifying teacher education.
- 2007/02/13 Campus indicator added to MAJOR list to identify WIU-QC students.
- 2007/09/19 Campus indicataor added to MINOR list to identify WIU-QC students.
- 2008/01/03 New flag (**) added to ROSTER for students who will be automatically dropped for not meeting enforced prerequisite course requirements.
- 2008/02/22 Catalog year added to ADVISEE list
- 2008/08/26 GradTrac projected graduation date added to ADVISEE list
- 2008/09/19 Minor added to MAJOR list
- 2008/10/06 Major GPA added to ADVISEE list
- 2009/03/06 Major added to MINOR list; Email added to MINOR and MAJOR list
- 2009/09/16 Credit hours added to ROSTER list
- 2010/01/14 Data files now in tab delimited format making them easier to import into Excel
- 2010/09/07 Student emails have been separated from report in ADVISEE list
- 2010/10/01 Option and emphasis added to MAJOR list.
- 2010/10/11 Catalog date defaults to matric if not available in ADVISEE list
- 2010/10/18 Minor added to ADVISEE list
- 2011/09/15 Major and minor abbreviations added to Help page
- 2011/12/07 Pre-reg enrollment field added to ADVISEE list
- 2011/12/09 Pre-reg enrollment field added to MAJOR list
- 2013/08/09 Academic Status added to ADVISEE list