Beu Health Center
Serious Medical Conditions
For these types of symptoms, call 911 or visit a hospital emergency room immediately
- A headache with a stiff neck
- If a friend seems very confused or out of it and cannot focus or be awakened.
- Fainting or losing consciousness
- Having an injury that results in excessive, uncontrollable bleeding
- An accident that results in severe internal pain or multiple bone breaks or injuries
- Chest pain with shortness of breath, sweating and/or nausea
- Loss of ability to move limbs or significant numbness in a limb or other area.
- For serious possibly life-threatening allergic reactions
- If a friend has been drinking and has passed out and is not able to be aroused or awakened.
- If you have a cough lasting more than 1 week
- If you have an injury that is bleeding profusely
- If you think you have broken or sprained a bone
- If you have recently been in an auto accident or other type of collision-based accident
- If you have difficulty breathing or can't catch your breath.
- If you have a fever greater than 101º F lasting longer than 2 days
- If you have a headache that will not go away even after using over the counter medications, particularly if accompanied by fever and neck stiffness.
- If you feel you are having unusual medical symptoms that might indicate exposure to a sexually transmitted disease or have had a positive result after taking a home pregnancy test
- If you may have been exposed to an infectious disease such as mononucleosis, hepatitis, tuberculosis, or meningitis.
- If you have cold/flu symptoms lasting longer than 1 week.
- If you have had a sore throat that has become progressively worse and are having difficulty swallowing.
- If you have not urinated for 8 hours
- If you experience vomiting or diarrhea for more than two days.
If you have any of these symptoms, please tell our appointment nurses and make an appointment to be seen. Other symptoms or conditions may also necessitate you schedule a visit- please note your symptoms when calling to obtain an appointment. We are committed to helping you maintain the best health possible !
- Emergency Numbers
- Symptoms that could indicate a serious medical condition
- Symptoms that necessitate seeing a physician or certified nursing practitioner
Beu Health Center
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
Phone: (309) 298-1888
Fax: (309) 298-2188