Building Connections - New Student Mentoring Program
What is Building Connections?
A volunteer mentoring program to assist new students in their transition to Western Illinois University.
Important considerations when conducting the mentor/student conference:
- Establish a relationship of trust
- Help students establish "ownership" of the process
- Set expectations for your mentor/mentee relationship
- Make connections – verbally and nonverbally
- Foster a dialogue
- Resource Guide
- Building Connections FL12-SP 13 Retention Analysis
- Printable Feedback Form
- Online Feedback Form
Questions: Contact Jessica with Building Connections at (309) 298-1814