Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
The Aquatics Center is a fully accessible facility staffed with friendly, professional lifeguards who ensure a safe and positive aquatic environment. We are open in the early morning, at noon, and in the late afternoon/early evening for your convenience. The facility includes a 25-yard pool, an 8-person hot tub, a sauna, and adjacent locker rooms. Informal recreation activities such as water basketball, open swimming, aqua classes, and lap swimming are offered. The Aquatics Center provides a variety of water fitness equipment and is ADA compliant.
Aquatic Center Hours
This schedule does not reflect breaks, holidays or finals week.
|Lap/Open Swim||Family Swim|
|Monday||6:00-9:00 a.m.; 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.; 4:00-6:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||6:00-9:00 a.m.; 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.; 4:00-6:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||6:00-9:00 a.m.; 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.; 4:00-6:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||6:00-9:00 a.m.; 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.; 4:00-6:00 p.m.|
|Friday||6:00-9:00 a.m.; 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.; 4:00-6:00 p.m.|
|Saturday||9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m.|
|Sunday||11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.||11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.|
*H2O Challenge classes take precedence over Lap/Open Swim
- 25 yards long
- 6 Lanes wide
- ADA Lift Accessible
- Average Temperature: 80 - 82° F
- 4 feet to 12 feet deep
AquaClimb Poolside Climbing Wall
- Our NEWEST feature!
- Climb heights almost 16 feet above the water!
- Enjoy the plunge into the deep end of the pool!
- Open as long as the Aquatics Center is open.
- Add small amounts of water to reach your desired temperature.
- Maximum capacity: 16 people
- Long sleeves or pants are not allowed.
- Relax or Rehab in our Hot Tub!
- ADA Lift accessible
- Maximum Capacity: 8 people
- Average Temperature: 103° F
Mile High Club
- Scale the AquaClimb 330 times and you will have climbed a total of ONE MILE!
- Climb as many times as you want each day
- Your climbs carry over semester to semester so you won't lose your total
- Sign up and record your climbs with the lifeguard on duty
If there are accommodations we can provide to facilitate your full participation in this program/event, contact the Campus Recreation Office at (309) 298-1228.
Please allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation.
Family Swim (Free)
Sundays, 1:00-3:00 p.m.
- Students and University employees are invited to bring their immediate families and must be present during Family Swim.
- A Spencer SRC membership is not required, however a signed waiver with the WIU affiliate and their valid WIU ID is needed.
- Children must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian at all times and must also remain one arm's distance from their child and in the water at all times.
- Immediate family members who are under the age of 18 must have their parent or legal guardian sign a Family Swim Waiver, no exceptions.
- No one under the age of 16 is allowed to use the whirlpool or sauna. No exceptions.
- Please note the schedule does not reflect breaks, holidays or finals week.
Lap/ Open Swim
- Morning Hours
- 5:30-7:45 a.m. | 4 lanes will be open, and AquaClimb use available upon request
- Lunch Hours
- 11:00-1:00 p.m. | 4 lanes will be open
- Evening Hours
- 3:00-5:00 p.m. | 4 lanes will be open
- 5:00-6:00 p.m. | H20 Challenge class, 2 lanes will be open for lap swim
- 6:00-9:00 p.m. | 2 lanes with be open
Donald S. Spencer Student Recreation Center, 200A
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
Office: (309) 298-1228
Front Desk: (309) 298-2797
Fax Number: (309) 298-3224