Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
The Aquatics Center is a fully accessible facility staffed with friendly, professional lifeguards who ensure a safe and positive aquatic environment. We are open in the early morning, at noon, and in the late afternoon/early evening for your convenience. The facility includes a 25-yard pool, an 8-person hot tub, a sauna, and adjacent locker rooms. Informal recreation activities such as water basketball, open swimming, aqua classes, and lap swimming are offered. The Aquatics Center provides a variety of water fitness equipment and is ADA compliant.
This schedule does not reflect breaks, holidays or finals week.
Fall & Spring Hours
|Lap/Open Swim||H2O Challenge*||Family Swim|
|Monday||5:30-7:45am; 11:00am-1:00pm; 3:00-9:00pm||4:00-5:00pm|
|Tuesday||5:30-7:45am; 11:00am-1:00pm; 3:00-9:00pm||5:00-6:00pm|
|Wednesday||5:30-7:45am; 11:00am-1:00pm; 3:00-9:00pm||4:00-5:00pm|
|Thursday||5:30-7:45am; 11:00am-1:00pm; 3:00-9:00pm||5:00-6:00pm|
|Friday||5:30-7:45am; 11:00am-1:00pm; 3:00-7:00pm|
*H2O Challenge classes take precedence over Lap/Open Swim
- 25 yards long
- 6 Lanes wide
- ADA Lift Accessible
- Average Temperature: 80 - 82° F
- Ranges from 4 feet to 12 feet deep
AquaClimb Poolside Climbing Wall
- Our NEWEST feature!
- Climb heights almost 16 feet above the water!
- Enjoy the plunge into the deep end of the pool!
- Look below for details about how you can win an iPad mini by climbing!
- Open as long as the Aquatics Center is open.
- Add small amounts of water to reach your desired temperature.
- Maximum capacity: 16 people
- Long sleeves or pants are not allowed.
- Relax or Rehab in our Hot Tub!
- ADA Lift accessible
- Maximum Capacity: 8 people
- Average Temperature: 103° F
AquaClimb & iPad Contest
- Scale the AquaClimb and enter for your chance to win an iPad Mini from Campus Recreation and the Apple Store!
- Limit one try per day.
- Make it to the top of the AquaClimb on additional tries, you get a bonus entry!
- Contest ends Friday, September 27 at 5:00 p.m.
- Spencer Student Recreation Center, Aquatics Center
Campus Recreation Professional Staff and Apple Store Staff are not eligible. Contest is co-sponsored by Campus Recreation and Apple Campus Store.
If there are accommodations we can provide to facilitate your full participation in this program/event, contact the Campus Recreation Office at (309) 298-1228.
Please allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation.
Family Swim (Free)
- Students and University employees are invited to bring their immediate families and must be present during Family Swim.
- A Spencer SRC membership is not required, however a signed waiver with the WIU affiliate and their valid WIU ID is needed.
- Children must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian at all times and must also remain one arm's distance from their child and in the water at all times.
- Immediate family members who are under the age of 18 must have their parent or legal guardian sign a waiver, no exceptions.
- No one under the age of 16 is allowed to use the whirlpool or sauna - no exceptions.
- Please note this schedule does not reflect breaks, holidays or finals week.
Lap/ Open Swim
- Morning Hours 5:30-7:45am 4 lanes will be open (aquaclimb use upon request).
- Lunch Hours 11:00-1:00pm 4 lanes will be open.
- 3:00-5:00pm 4 lanes will be open.
- 5:00-6:00pm H20 challenge will be going on, 2 lanes will be open for lap swim.
- 6:00-9:00pm 2 lanes with be open.
Donald S. Spencer Student Recreation Center, 200A
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
Office: (309) 298-1228
Front Desk: (309) 298-2797
Fax Number: (309) 298-3224