Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Rec Events are held at various times throughout the semester. Most events are free but some may require a minimal fee. Check out upcoming Rec Events to find out if registration is required and the registration deadlines. Some events even offer the opportunity to win prizes!
For additional information on any of our Rec Events, stop by the Campus Recreation Office in the Spencer Student Recreation Center, Monday-Friday, 8:00 A.M.-4:30 P.M., or call the Campus Recreation Office at (309) 298-1228.
Rec Events for Charities
- Each year, graduate assistants, student employees, and staff members from Campus Recreation work with other groups on campus to co-sponsor philanthropic events to benefit specific charity organizations.
- Western Illinois University is home to the ORIGINAL Big Pink Volleyball! We work with the Inter-Hall Council to hold the biggest and the best Big Pink Volleyball Tournament in the state to educate Western students about breast cancer and send donations to the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundation and the McDonough District Hospital Mammogram Assistance Program. This year's program raised $9,781.64 to be split between the two charities. Overall the program has raised $93,164.12.
- The eXtreme Dodgeball for Diabetes tournament is held in conjunction with National Residence Hall Honorary, and all proceeds are given to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. All students are encouraged to participate.
Spring 2013 Rec Events
Rocky After Dark: De-stress Before the Test Friday, May 3, 9:00-11:30 PM, at the Spencer Student Recreation Center.
STRESSED is just DESSERTS spelled backwards. Come out, participate, and relax before final exams. Don’t let stress get the best of you. Cosponsored by SAPE, AOD, and Beu Health Center.
Fall 2013 Rec Events
- Big Pink Volleyball Kickoff Thursday, September 12, 6:30 PM, at the Spencer Student Recreation Center. Come learn about Big Pink Volleyball and practice playing before the big event! No preregistration necessary! FREE!
- Early Big Pink Volleyball Entries due by 4:30 PM on Friday, September 13 in the Campus Recreation Office. It could be your lucky day!
- 13th Annual Big Pink Volleyball Monday, September 23 - Thursday September 26, 4:00 - 11:00 PM, at the Spencer Student Recreation Center. Register in the Campus Recreation Office by 4:30 PM on Tuesday, September 17. $5.00/person - all proceeds go the the McDonough District Hospital and Susan G. Komen Foundation.
- Family Day Golf Outing Saturday, September 28, 9:00 AM at the Harry Mussatto Golf Course. Register at wiu.edu/uub.
- Dad's Weekend Indoor Kayaking Saturday, October 26, 8:30 AM - 1:00 PM at the Spencer Student Recreation Center Aquatics Center. Register at wiu.edu/sapsc by Thursday, October 24. $10.00/person Limit 10 participants
- Second Annual Fallen Soldiers 5K Run/Walk Saturday, November 2, 8:00 AM
- Rocky After Dark: Rocky-N-Roller Skate Friday, November 8, 9:00 PM - Midnight at the Spencer Student Recreation Center. Come enjoy an evening full of skating and music! FREE!
- Family Skate Saturday, November 9, 10:00 AM - Noon at the Spencer Student Recreation Center. Bring your little ones and enjoy a morning of FREE family skating to all the latest hits!
Donald S. Spencer Student Recreation Center, 200A
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
Office: (309) 298-1228
Front Desk: (309) 298-2797
Fax Number: (309) 298-3224