Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Fall 2013 Career Development Center (CDC) Workshop Series:
All workshops will be hosted in Memorial Hall 124, across from the CDC.
- Tuesday, Sept. 3 - 1:00-1:30 - First Steps in Career Planning
- Wednesday, Sept. 11 - 3:30-4:00 - Resumes 101: Getting Started
- Wednesday, Sept. 18 - 3:30-4:00 - Interviewing Basics
- Tuesday, Sept. 24 - 1:00-1:30 - Career Fair Preparation
- Wednesday, Oct. 9 - 3:30-4:00 - Skype and Telephone Interviewing
- Tuesday, Oct. 15 - 1:00-1:30 - Career Exploration
- Wednesday, Oct. 23 - 3:30-4:00 - Building Your Resume with On-campus Involvement
- Tuesday, Oct. 29 - 1:00-1:30 - Study Abroad for Your Future
- Wednesday, Nov. 6 - 3:30-4:00 - Transitioning into a Diverse Workplace
- Tuesday, Nov. 12 - 1:00-1:30 - Resumes 101: Getting Started
- Wednesday, Nov. 20 - 3:30-4:00 - Using LinkedIn for Your Job Search
- Tuesday, Dec. 3 - 1:00-1:30 - Interviewing Basics
The Community Speaker Brown Bag SeriesS
(each of these special workshops takes place on Thursdays at 12 noon. Feel free to bring your lunch)
- September 12 - Memorial Hall 125 - Ms. Laura Swanson Leezer - Vice President of Citizens Bank - "Professionalism"
- October 10 - Memorial Hall 124 - Mr. Mike Inman - Mayor of Macomb - "Professional Growth and Development"
- November 14 - Memorial Hall 124 - Mr. John White - Financial Adviser at Edward Jones - "Personal Finance"