Guidelines for Usage of Casa Latina Cultural Center
Reservation form submission
Casa Latina Cultural Center is available for use by WIU student organizations, personnel, departments and groups as well as community organizations. A reservation form must be completed and submitted to the Casa Latina office at least 48 hours prior to the event. Events may not continue past 10 p.m. without prior special approval of the Director of Casa Latina. The reservation will not be finalized until this form is returned to the office and signed by the Director, Alda Godines, or, in her absence, the Secretary, Kathy Lantz.
- Groups using the kitchen facilities must bring their own food, cooking supplies and utensils, paper service, cups, ice, etc. All supplies and refreshments stored in kitchen cupboards or the refrigerator are the property of Casa Latina and are not to be used by groups using the Center.
- General rules of safety must be practiced when using the kitchen area. Appliances and countertops are to be cleaned with soap and water. All trash should be placed in the waste receptacles provided. After the event, the group must take all food and other items or they will be thrown out the next day.
Computer lab use
- No food or drinks are allowed in the computer lab
- The computers in the lab automatically shut down at 9:00 p.m. every weeknight and are not available at all on weekends.
- Student organizations using the facilities on weekends and after hours must be accompanied at all times by the organization's advisor.
- Alcoholic beverages and smoking are not allowed in Casa Latina.
- The group is responsible for ensuring that no damage is inflicted on Casa Latina's facilities or equipment and will be held financially responsible for any damage done to the building, furniture, or equipment as a result of this event. Furniture or equipment that has been moved must be returned to its original location before leaving the building. The plywood board (located in the back hallway) must be placed on top of the pool table if it is to be used for any purpose other than playing pool.
- All decorations, props, etc. must be removed immediately after the event. No tape or thumbtacks are to be used on the walls, doors, or ceiling tile.
- Groups scheduling events which will end after the official closing time of Casa Latina must make sure that the outside doors are locked and that all lights are turned off before leaving the building.
General rules of conduct
Failure to comply with any of these guidelines will result in a $25 fee per offense being billed to the group. These fees will be in addition to any expenses incurred by Casa Latina to repair damage inflicted upon the furniture, equipment, building, etc. during the event. Noncompliance with these guidelines may result in the group being banned from scheduling future events at Casa Latina.
Casa Latina Cultural Center
1 University circle
Macomb, IL 61455
Phone: (309) 298-3379
Fax: (309) 298-2567
Office Hours of Operation
M-F: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.