Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
University Housing & Dining
University Housing & Dining Services and Western Illinois University take student safety seriously. WIU emergency plans are available through the our Risk Management and Emergency Preparedness as well as information for students, faculty and staff to sign-up for the WIU Emergency Alert System. In addition, our campus provides a campus-wide safety escort service, blue light callboxes, as well as numerous prevention and awarenes programs.
University Housing & Dining Services also has systems and procedures in place to keep students healthy and safe.
- We partner with the Office of Public Safety to provide teams police in the residence halls
- 24-hour information desks
- Trained live-in residence hall professional and student staff conducting nightly walks and rounds
- On-call Residence Hall and University support staff
- Residence halls connected to campus-wide annouciators to broadcast timely information in the event of an emergency
- Fire safety drills conducted each semester