Top Navigation

Side Navigation

Break Housing 

Students requesting break housing must fill out the request form no later than 48 hours prior to the housing period start. For instance, if you want to stay for Thanksgiving break, you will need to submit the request by Wednesday, November 20.


Halls close at 7:00 pm on Friday, November 22, for Thanksgiving Break.*
Halls re-open at 10:00 am on Sunday, December 1

Halls close at 7:00 pm on Friday, December 13, for Winter Break.*
Halls re-open at 10:00 am on Sunday, January 12.

Halls close at 7:00 pm on Friday, March 7, for Spring Break.*
Halls re-open at 10:00 am on Sunday, March 16.

* Short-term extended stays are available for each closing period. Contact your Complex Director for more information. 

Students have the option to stay on campus during break periods (Thanksgiving Break, Winter Break, Spring Break, and inter-sessions). Break housing is available in Olson Hall.

The four session options for break housing are as follows: 

  • Thanksgiving Break & Winter Break through December 31
  • Winter Break (starting January 1) & Spring Break
  • May Pre-Session (end of semester through start of summer school)
  • August Inter-Session (end of summer school through start of semester)


Thanksgiving and Winter Break through December 31 
Plan N and Earlier: $190
Plan O: $195

Winter Break (starting January 1) and Spring Break
Plan N and Earlier: $190
Plan O: $195

Inter-Session Rates
Plan N and Earlier: $140
Plan O: $145

Nightly Rate

If you do not need a room for the entire break housing session, you can be billed based on a nightly rate. Your rates will be figured based on the least expensive option. (For example, if you need break housing for Thanksgiving Break and part of the beginning part of Winter Break, the session rate might be the least expensive option and that amount will be figured).

Double $11/person + 6% lodging tax
Single $17 + 6% lodging tax

Break Housing rates will be automatically billed to your student account. Nightly rates can be billed to your student account or paid by cash, check or major credit card.

If you live in Corbin or Olson Halls, you have the option to stay in your room. If you live in another residence hall, you will be given a room in Olson Hall to stay in during the break period. Break period sign-up is first-come, first-served and has limited availability.

Roommate Request

UHDS can assign a roommate due to space limitations. If you have a specific request, you will be able to provide the student's information on your request form. We will do our best to satisfy the request. The roommate requested must also sign up for Break Housing.



How to Request Break Housing

A UHDS representative will contact you within 3-5 business days of your request to confirm the reservation and provide you with an amount due.


Contact Caitlin Davis at