Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
University Housing & Dining
Halls close at 7:00 PM on Friday, November 16, for Thanksgiving Break.*
Halls re-open at 10:00 AM on Sunday, November 25
Halls close at 7:00 PM on Friday, December 14, for Winter Break.*
Halls re-open at 10:00 AM on Sunday, January 13.
Halls close at 7:00 PM on Friday, March 8, for Spring Break.*
Halls re-open at 10:00 AM on Sunday, March 17.
* Short-term extended stays are available for each closing period. Contact your Complex Director for more information.
Students have the option to stay on campus during break periods (Thanksgiving Break, Winter Break, Spring Break, and inter-sessions). Break housing is available in Olson Hall.
The four options for break housing are as follows:
- August Inter-Session (end of summer school through start of semester): $140
- Thanksgiving Break & Winter Break through December 31: $190
- Winter Break (starting January 1) & Spring Break: $190
- May Pre-Session (end of semester through start of summer school): $140
Rates will be automatically billed to your student account. All students must sign up for break housing 48 hours prior to the housing period start by calling 309-298-2413. For instance, if you want to stay for Thanksgiving break, you will need to notify UHDS by Wednesday, November 14.
If you live in Olson, you have the option to stay in your room. If you live in another residence hall, you will be given a room in Olson Hall to stay in during the break period. Break period sign-up is first-come, first-served and has limited availability.