Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
University Housing & Dining
Students who are staying on campus for the following year will participate in our room and contract renewal process. The first day of renewal is devoted to students who wish to live in their same hall and current room with their current lifestyle preferences (which help us determine roommate matches). Once same hall/same room renewal is complete, students are allowed to renew to eligible residence hall rooms across campus based on an assigned access time. During the room selection process students can also make any changes to their lifestyle preferences, choose their own roommates, select a dining plan and choose to rent a microfridge for the upcoming year.
- Students with less than 60 hours of academic credit or less than 4 semesters of living on campus are required to live on campus. There is a penalty for not fulfilling this requirement. If you have questions as to eligibility to move off campus, please contact AJ Lutz in Seal Hall at 309-298-2036.
- All renewal occurs on STARS (when available) and you will have the opportunity to self-select your room for next year. Because of our process, renewal is based on your current contract number, room/hall assignment as well as on a first come, first served basis.
- Each floor has a pre-assigned number of singles and doubles. Once that number has been reached for a particular community, that floor and/or building may not show as available for renewal. Once you find the room you want, you must select "YES" when asked to confirm the room.
- During the renewal process, you will be asked to update your lifestyle preference, required to select a meal plan option as well as be given the opportunity to reserve a MicroFridge for next year.
- Roommate holds are now available during renewal. You can select a roommate using the student's WIU ID number. Once you have selected your roommate you can browse and select a room assignment
- The person you requested must go in that day to confirm the request.
Watch for updates on Renewal for the 2014-2015 academic year.