2014 End-of-Year Closing Information
All residence halls close for the end-of-the-year at 7:00 p.m. on Friday, May 9. If you need to stay past the closing time, you must have permission from your Complex Director. (See your information desk for details, all students must sign up by Friday, May 2). Only extenuating circumstances will be approved.The latest approved time to stay is 10:00am on Sunday, May 11. Residents who do not leave before 10:00 a.m. will be trespassed by hallstaff and/or the Office of Public Safety.
Getting Ready for Closing...
- Residents must vacate within 24 hours of their last final exam
- 24-hour Quiet Hours will be in effect beginning Sunday, May 4 at 1:00 am lasting until Friday, May 9 at 7pm.
- Residents will be relocated during finals week if they violate residence hall rules and disrupt the floor community.
- The last day for mail delivery will be Thursday, May 8.
- Mail is forwarded over the summer automatically to your home address on file with the register’s office.
Getting Your Room in Move-Out Condition...
- All bunks/lofts must be dismantled and removed from the building by Sunday, May 4, before 24-hour Quiet Hours begin.
- Rented lofts must be delivered to a designated location of the building to the loft representatives during one of the times listed below:
Wednesday, April 30
11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Outside 3rd Floor Entrance
- Lumber and large items must be brought to the designated location in your hall.
- If items are left in the hallways or lounges, the floor or individuals may be fined as they are a fire hazard.
- DO NOT THROW LARGE ITEMS DOWN THE TRASH CHUTE! There will be a floor fine and/or a building fine if large items are stuck in the trash chute.
- There are trash bags available at the Information desks for you to use to help you clean up. Begin throwing items away early to avoid the trash chute being full. If you are going home during weekends prior to closing we encourage you to take items home - elevators and carts will be in high demand during finals week.
- You may need to sign up for a cart during the busiest times of move-out. Make arrangements with your RA to have items in the luggage closet removed. All items must be removed from the luggage closet by May 10. In some residence halls were luggage closets are used for summer storage, this date may be earlier.
- Pack-up, clean and get your room check-out ready.
- Sign up for a checkout time with your RA. Checkout should take about 10-15 minutes.
- Once checkout is over, you will hand your keys to hallstaff - you will no longer have access to your room, so it should be the last thing you plan to do before leaving campus
Best of luck during finals week!
Important Closing Dates
- Friday, May 2: Last day to sign up for late stays
- Sunday, May 4, 1am: 24-Hour Quiet Hours Begin
- Friday, May 9, 7pm: All residence hall close, non-approved residents must vacate
- Sunday, May 11, 10am: All approved late stays must vacate