Whether you are looking for overnight accommodations while visiting Macomb or looking for a site to host your camp or conference, our friendly staff, affordable rates, and convenient location are sure to impress you. Find out more about staying and meeting at WIU below!
We are pleased to offer Corbin and Olson Halls as your Conference or Camp destination. Whether your group has 10 or 2,000 participants, we can assist you! Providing professional and cost effective accommodations is our specialty. The Western Illinois University campus offers a wide array of amenities for your group from a 99,000 square foot Recreation Center complete with Aquatics Center to brand new Electronic Classrooms and Conference Rooms. Our new state-of-the-art Dining Center located in the Corbin/Olson complex offers a variety of cuisines to please any guest. The Olson Conference Center is located at the corner of Adams Street and Western Avenue on the campus of Western Illinois University.
Corbin and Olson Halls offer newly renovated air conditioned rooms just a short walk from all campus activities.
Overnight accommodations include:
- Clean, comfortable rooms that include two single beds, two student desks, two wardrobes, two nightstands, and two bureaus
- Air Conditioned Rooms, Halls, and Buildings
- Linens Provided (pillow, blanket, linens, towel, and washcloth)
- 24 hour Front Desk Assistance • Ethernet jacks in each room
- Wi-Fi available in Halls and Lobbies
- Two lounges per floor
- Two community bathrooms/shower rooms per floor
- Newly renovated on-site Dining Center
Conference Services can assist you in planning your group’s meal requirements for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. Options range from brown bag lunches to catered receptions. We can work with you to fit your group’s needs.
Sodexo Campus Services provides food service for Corbin/Olson Dining Center and offers quality options at reasonable prices.
Other On-Campus Dining options include:
- University Union Food Court – Burger King, Einstein’s Bros Bagels, sbarro, The One Stop Rocky Shop, and Colonel Rock's Bistro.
The following services are provided for your convenience, needs, and safety.
The Information Desk is open 24 hours when conferences or events are in session. Mail drop off and general campus information is available at the Information Desk. If you need assistance during the hours the desk is closed, call the Office of Public Safety (298-1949) and they will page a staff member.
Within your hall you have conference assistants and a conference director you can contact for information and assistance. Room and phone numbers for the conference staff can be obtained from the hall desk. (Selected telephone numbers can be found below.)
Please lock your door even if you are in the room. Do not leave valuables in your room unattended. Immediately report any missing items or suspicious persons and activities to your conference/camp staff and the conference coordinator. In case of emergency, follow the evacuation procedures on the back of your room door. Do not tamper with any equipment, including smoke detectors and fire alarms. Individuals and or conference/camp groups will be charged for tampering.
Machines are located in the lobby areas. Please ask an information desk or conference staff member for locations.
Lounges are located on each floor. Feel free to use these areas at any time. Televisions are located in each lounge and have basic cable channels and VCR hook-up capabilities.
Coin operated washers and dryers are available on floors.
Guests are expected to comply with all local, state and federal laws regarding the use of alcohol and drugs. In addition, smoking and alcohol are permitted outside only. Guests are not allowed to smoke or have alcohol in their rooms or inside the building.
Room keys are property of the University and are the responsibility of the guest. Carry your key with you at all times, as your key is needed for the elevator and floor access. Do not prop doors open; this poses a security risk to guests. Report any lost keys to conference staff immediately. Any keys not returned will be assessed a $50 charge.
Please maintain quiet in your room and in the hallways from 9 p.m. to 11a.m.
Please leave all furniture (beds, couches, chairs, etc.) in original configuration. Ceiling tiles, walls and smoke detectors in the rooms and hallways are not to be disturbed. Notify your conference staff immediately if there is damage in your room when you arrive so that you will not be charged in error. The conference/camp will be billed damages to rooms and public areas that can be directly attributed to conference/camp participants.
Signs and poster materials must be approved by the Conference Hall Coordinator prior to being posted. Nails, tacks, hooks, etc. on furniture, painted walls, ceilings, windows, or doors are not permitted.
When you prepare to leave your room for the last time, leave all University pillows, mattress pads, and blankets in the room. Keys should be returned to the Information Desk.
- Conference Center Information Desk
- Student Recreation Center Front Desk
- University Housing & Dining
- Conference Coordinator Office
Our campus’s unique blend of facilities can easily accommodate any group, offering your organization meeting spaces, electronic classrooms, auditoriums, quality food service, indoor and outdoor recreational opportunities, and much more!
- Donald S. Spencer Student Recreation Center, which offers Basketball Courts, Volleyball Court, Badminton Courts, Aquatic Center, Racquetball Courts, Ping Pong Tables
- Horn Field Campus, located one mile south of Macomb, this 92 acre retreat includes woodlands, prairie, and several miles of nature trails. The atmosphere is rustic and relaxed, a perfect place for family reunions, youth group get-togethers, business meetings, weddings, professional and academic conferences, office retreats, and other gatherings.
- Meeting Spaces, we offer multiple meeting facilities across campus, with seating for ten up to 1,000.
Directions to Western Illinois University (Macomb, Illinois campus)
Western Illinois University's residential campus is located in Macomb, Illinois, at the hub of Highways 67 (north-south) and 136 (east-west).
From the Chicago area: travel west on I-88 or I-80. On I-88W, exit #1A to I-74 east to Peoria. On I-80W, exit I-74 east to Peoria. On I-74 east, exit #46A to U.S. 34 west to Galesburg/Monmouth. At Monmouth, travel Highway 67 south, 30 miles to Macomb.
Note: Amtrak provides swift, affordable rail service from Chicago to Macomb with nine stops en route. For more information visit Amtrak.com.
- From St. Louis and other points south: Travel U.S. 67 north to Macomb through Illinois; OR travel I-70 west or U.S. 40/61 north to U.S. 61 north. At Hannibal, travel U.S. 36 east to I-172/U.S. 336/IL 94 north. At Carthage,travel U.S. 136 east 25 miles to Macomb.
- From Eastern Illinois: Find the most convenient route to Highway 136 and travel west to Macomb.
- Other Locations: [check "Google Maps"]
Contact Us/Book Conference Housing
WIU Conference Services
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
Phone: (309) 298-2036
Fax: (309) 298-2122